Tuesday 2 November 2010

Kate Usher Surfaces

On Friday the 29th October, I visited a local Interior Design practice, Abercrombies. They presented two guest speakers, the one that particularly caught my attention was that of Kate Usher. I had briefly seen some of her work at Design Event Mart 2010 as a result of me volunteering at the event this year.



However, meeting Kate and listening to her talk about the process of creating her terrific and unique wallpapers was very interesting, I love wallpaper and to find something truly different and current is brilliant. I liked how the business woman in Kate has utilised the ever growing popularity of 'the compare the meerkat' or should I say market adverts by incorporating this into one of her many new wallpapers. Which I understand is a favourite amongst her children.

One of my favourites is the sweet shop paper, especially the swarovski crystal highlights, it made me dream of a new kitchen design for my house. Check it out below;

No comments:

Post a Comment